There are many exercises for getting a tight belly and a narrow waist. One of them is a vacuum in the abdomen, once borrowed from yoga. Performing a simple complex will significantly strengthen the internal muscles of the abdomen and increase their tone. Also, vacuum allows to improve the work of the abdominal organs, contributes to the normalization of the digestive process. Today, let’s talk about how to properly do the vacuum exercise, what is the basis for its effectiveness and what advice should be followed to get the best result.
The technique of exercise vacuum combines the techniques that are characteristic of yoga and bodyflex. The essence of the exercise, at first glance, it seems quite simple – you just need to pull your stomach into yourself and hold it in this state for a while. But an important role here is played by a special breathing technique, presupposing deep breathing in the preparation for the exercise, and as soon as it is carried out, the fullest exhalation. Read the article about bridge exercise.
As a result of retraction of the abdomen, the transverse muscle is studied, which is responsible for retaining the abdominal organs and tightening the press. Neither fitness, nor weight training can not help in achieving such a result, because with them the work is mainly on the oblique and external muscles of the press. That is, the stomach may look pumped, but it will not be perfectly flat. Here to the aid and the vacuum will come.
This technique is often used in their training by well-known bodybuilders and bodybuilders, because of the high loads the stomach may seem excessively bulging and ugly. The most famous person who actively uses the exercise vacuum in the abdomen is Arnold Schwarzenegger. It is his photo can often be seen as illustrations to the implementation of the methodology and the demonstration of the outcome of the classes.
The first noticeable results, provided that the vacuum is fulfilled at least five days a week, will be visible after a month, although positive changes can be felt much earlier.
Correct execution technique
There are 4 initial positions that can be used to carry out a vacuum:
- Standing on his feet;
- Standing on his knees and hands;
For each of these provisions, there are recommendations for implementation.
The lying position
Vacuum lying on the back is the simplest option, but the position on the hands and knees is considered the most difficult and recommended for those who already have experience. But for different people, depending on the level of preparedness, simple and easy starting positions can be individual.
The sequence of actions in the prone position is as follows:
- Lie down, knees bend, hands lie calmly along the trunk, muscles are not tense;
- Smooth exhalation without tension of muscles;
- When the lungs have completely freed themselves, draw the belly into themselves;
- In the position of the greatest retraction, try to fix for 10-15 seconds, stopping breathing;
- Make a small entry, continuing to strain the abdominal muscles for another 10-15 seconds;
- Smoothly exhale, relax the muscles, take a few free breaths and exhale;
- Again, completely exhale the air, strongly draw in the belly, maximally straining the muscles, and then push the stomach up, not breathing.
This is just one of the techniques of performing a vacuum exercise for the abdomen in a position on the back. There are also a few other options when the retraction of the abdomen and muscle tension is produced sharply on exhalation, and after 10-15 seconds there is a gradual relaxation and inspiration.
This position is considered a bit more complicated, although here everything is individual. Sequencing:
- Put your feet shoulder width apart, hands on hips;
- Maximize the deepest breathing;
- Suddenly exhale and immediately draw in the abdominal muscles, mentally pressing them to the spine;
- Fix for 15-20 seconds, trying not to breathe;
- Easy breathing and gradual return of the abdomen to its original position.
Exercise vacuum standing for beginners can be done with a slight inclination forward and arching your back up, resting your hands on your knees, and chin pressing to the chest. Gradually it is worth mastering the technique of its execution and with a straight back.
While performing the exercise in the sitting position, it is important not to use any support for the back. Sequence:
- Sit on a stool or fitball (this will make the task a little more difficult);
- Legs bend at right angles, feet on the floor;
- Deep breath, on exhalation, drawing in of the abdomen with the maximum possible muscle tension;
- Fix for 10-20 seconds;
- Exhale and gradually relax the muscles.
Position on the knees
This type of exercise vacuum is considered to be the most difficult, because in this situation, gravity works in the opposite direction and the muscles are supported by the internal organs much more difficult. Sequence:
- Get on your knees, rest your hands on the floor;
- A deep breath, a powerful exhalation, which draws in the belly with muscle tension for 10-20 seconds;
- Exhalation and relaxation of muscles.
To help the muscles in the initial stage of training, you can lower your head slightly, and your back to bend up.
That will achieve the best result
Here are some tips, the following of which will give the opportunity to get the maximum effect from the exercises:
- Beginners should, at the initial stage of training, give preference to simpler embodiments in the prone and standing position;
- It is recommended to get acquainted with the breathing technique bodyflex, understanding of the features of which will allow to come to the correct mode of vacuum execution;
- The optimal time for exercise is the early morning immediately after waking up and the evening just before bedtime;
- It is advisable that the last meal prior to training be in two hours;
- Keep the muscles in a shortened state should be at least 10-15 seconds, gradually increasing as far as possible duration;
- To draw in the belly it is necessary strictly on exhalation, and on inhalation to make its slow relaxation, so that the muscles continue to work during the entire exercise;
- At one time it is recommended to perform 2-3 sets for 10-15 repetitions, but at the initial stage there will be enough and 5 repetitions.
Benefits and contraindications
The benefits of exercise vacuum are much more extensive than just getting a beautiful belly and slender waistline. In addition, it allows:
- Strengthen the back muscles, improve posture, reduce unpleasant sensations in the lower back;
- It is noticeable to reduce the amount of dangerous visceral fat, which over the years appears around the internal organs;
- Improve blood supply to the internal organs of the abdominal cavity, normalize digestion and eliminate toxins;
- Deal with depression, improve mood and calm the nervous system (according to the teachings of yoga).
The apparent simplicity and colossal use of exercise does not mean at all that it will suit everyone without exception. There are several contraindications, in which it is necessary to refuse from the vacuum:
- Diseases of the heart and lungs, gastrointestinal tract;
- Pregnancy and menstruation;
- Restorative period after surgical interventions.