Do not want to run outside in the cold season? No opportunity or desire to visit the gym? A worthy alternative will be cardio at home. Correctly organized program of classes will help to remove stress, get rid of excess weight, without losing muscle mass, and maintain the body in a tone.
The undeniable advantage of cardio training is that a lot of exercises can be done without additional equipment, only with the help of your own weight. To carry out cardio training at home without simulators, special training is not required. Anyone can do it, if there are no serious health problems. Read the article about core muscles.
Relevance and usefulness
The benefits of aerobic exercise are multifaceted:
- Stabilization of weight due to the transformation of excess fat into energy;
- Training of the heart, strengthening of the myocardium and vessels;
- Development of endurance;
- Increased resistance to stress;
- Strengthening immunity;
- Support the muscles, ligaments, joints and the rest of the body in a functional state.
Cardio workout at home for losing weight – the most relevant form of aerobic exercise. Such exercises are practiced mainly by women who want to acquire a slender figure and remove fat from the “problem” places – the abdomen, thighs, buttocks.
Features of home cardio workouts
Cardio-operations at home are conducted when there is no time or opportunity to go to the gym. It should immediately be learned that aerobic training as well as power training requires free time and regularity. Initially, you can conduct classes three times a week, but gradually you need to increase the number to 5-6 lessons per week. It is not necessary to do long breaks in classes, but to load the body too much is also not recommended. Full results can be achieved if the duration of cardio is no less than 30 minutes.
There is an opinion that aerobic loads burn fat better than strength training. This is not entirely true: the most effective way to combat excess mass is to combine power and aerobic exercise. Combining different types of training, you can achieve destruction of lipid deposits in the course of classes, and at moments of rest.
Moderation of loads and regularity of conducting classes are the main principles of cardio training. The main thing is for the training to bring pleasure and benefit. If you feel unwell after fatigue or intense pain in the back, in the limbs, it is better to stop exercising and consult about your well-being with an experienced doctor.
Most people choose a special musical accompaniment for training, which helps maintain the rhythm and informs the necessary mood. Music for cardio training is selected independently, depending on personal tastes: the main thing is not to include it too loudly, especially if you are engaged in the early morning.
Experts believe that the best time for classes is 16-19 hours. It is on the border of the day and evening that fat burning occurs most intensively. If your goal is not to lose weight but develop endurance, you can do it in the morning, but keep in mind that during this period the metabolic processes in the body have the lowest speed. Also, cardio training does not increase muscle mass: aerobic exercises work on a different principle.
Intensity and pulse
The first rule is cardio – control of one’s own pulse. Fitness experts advise to begin to clarify the upper limits of their own pulse. Several times during the session, monitor the indicators. By monitoring your own pulse during cardio training, you can adjust the intensity of the loads in accordance with the characteristics of the body.
You can consider the pulse yourself, but this requires a certain preparation and sensitivity: the probability of incorrect evaluation of the indicators is very high. The best option – to buy a heart rate monitor: such devices are inexpensive, sold in stores of medical equipment and sporting goods. If you do not follow the work of the heart, the myocardium will receive too much strain, which will lead to serious consequences – pressure jumps, arrhythmias.
Tip: keep the pulse during exercise within 60-75% of the maximum. This is approximately 110-120 beats per minute.
The main rules for performing aerobic exercises:
- Choose only those workouts that give you positive emotions – never “rape” yourself;
- Start the training in a good mood – then the results will be more visible;
- Alternate different exercises so as not to overload the same muscle groups;
- Change the pace more often: so burns more calories;
- Rest between exercises is no more than 30-45 seconds;
- Do in natural clothes, in comfortable shoes or barefoot;
- Control breathing: breathe freely through the nose;
- Before training, ventilate the room or work out in the fresh air, if the weather permits and you are not prone to colds.
Do not forget to combine cardio with proper nutrition. For aerobic loads, dietary protein foods (poultry, veal without fat, fish) and complex carbohydrates are most suitable. If the exercise lasts about 45-60 minutes, you should eat for 2-2.5 hours. After the training, you need to stand for 40-45 minutes, then start eating.
Attention: to force the load, especially if you do not have sports training, then, to expose your body to danger. The results can not be achieved right now, for 2-3 days of classes – you need regular, persistent and patient work based on a rational approach.
Complex of exercises
Any program of cardio training begins with a warm-up period of 10-20 minutes. It is necessary to perform this stage: warm-up warms up the body and prepares it for further work. As a warm-up, many athletes use intense walking in place with a high knee lift. Well warm up the body of the lunges from each leg forward.
There are many popular cardio exercises that you can perform at home. Consider the simplest and most effective:
- Running on the spot. A good exercise, from which you can start home cardio. Consistently use different types of running: normal, with a high knee lift and with overlap (reaching the heels to the buttocks).
- Jumping in place. Small quick jumps alternate with jumps from squats. Also perform jumps – legs together (hands down) and legs wide (arms up).
- Plyometric (explosive) push-ups. Take the emphasis lying. Start doing the usual push-ups, but from the bottom point, push upwards, tearing your hands off the floor and trying to toss the body. Land softly, cushioning your hands. For complication, make the cotton palms at the top.
- Jumping in the leaning leg. The starting position is the same. While holding your feet together, jump them to the right, then return to the starting position and make the same jump to the left.
- Jumping out. Start making sit-ups by placing your hands behind your head. At the top point, continue moving, making a jump upward. Caution! Do not hit your head on the chandelier 🙂
- Running on low start. Accept the position of low start: one leg under the body, the other is pulled back. At the same time, change your legs in places. When repelled, the weight of the body is transferred to the hands. A more complicated variant is to act with legs symmetrically, i. E. Both legs to themselves, then both back.
Begin with 10-15 repetitions for each exercise, eventually increasing to 30. Also, gradually increase the number of cycles.
You can combine exercises in any order. The most productive is the combination of squats with plyometric push-ups and jumps. You can make your own complexes that are comfortable, convenient and interesting for you to practice. There are applications for smartphones dedicated to cardio training, which perform the functions of training and control.
The maximum effect (increased endurance, weight loss, strengthening of the heart muscle and lungs) can be achieved by increasing the volume and intensity of training consistently. Observing the correct mode, it is possible to reduce the heart rate when carrying out the same loads. Reducing the number of heartbeats indicates the achievement of a certain stage of training: if the pulse stabilizes, you can increase the load without the risk of exceeding the permissible loads.
Intensive aerobic training is contraindicated for people with heart disease and serious pathologies of the joints and spine. Just in case, before starting regular exercises, it is better to consult a doctor or an experienced fitness specialist.