Ah, these press cubes! Who does not dream about them? After all, this is one of the indicators of the standard physical beauty. According to public opinion polls, almost 50% of those engaged in fitness are singled out as “the pump press” among the main goals of visiting the hall. And men and women among them are approximately equal. And of course, everyone wants to get the desired relief quickly and without much effort. Can this be done?
How long does it take to work the press before the dice?
ATTENTIONDo not overload the body too much. If you engage too often and intensely, the muscles will not have time to recover. It threatens with pain all over the body and even breaks in the muscle fibers. Beginners should start with three 20-minute sessions a week, then increase the number of trainings to 4-5 with a duration of 40-50 minutes.
We will say at once that without effort, it will not be possible to achieve the goal. To get an “iron” press, you have to sweat. In the literal and figurative sense of the word. The speed of obtaining the result will depend directly on the intensity of the training. The more you practice and the longer each session, the faster the result will be achieved. After 1-2 weeks, you should not expect noticeable changes – muscles grow quite slowly. But after a couple of months of systematic training, you can boast pumped cubes. Read the article about secrets of rapid acquisition of relief.
Complex of exercises for the press
You can do it both in the gym and at home: there is no need for special equipment for training. A mat, a bar (if available) and a bench are useful. We will give an approximate list of exercises that will suit both men and women.
Exercises for pumping the upper press
To pump the upper cubes, you need to do the main emphasis on the exercises with the lifting of the body, as well as twisting.
- Raise the body by 90°. Starting position: lying on the floor on the back, legs bent at the knees, feet at the width of the shoulders parallel to each other. Hands behind the head. Inhale and with exhalation raise the body (back straight) to the knees. Fix the body to two counts at the control point perpendicular to the floor, on the inspiration slowly sink to the floor, without relaxing the muscles. Perform 2-3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Straight twists. The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. Perform partial lifts (30 °) of the upper part of the body, leaving the lower back and feet pressed to the floor. Try to keep the muscles of the press tight all the time. Perform 3 sets with 15-20-10 repetitions. During the execution of this exercise, it is not necessary to link your hands behind your head, if it’s hard, you can pull them out a little. In a month or two, when you get used to the load, you can complicate the exercise.
- Twisting with raised legs. Starting position: lying on the back, the pelvis is raised perpendicular to the floor, the legs are bent at the knees (the calves are parallel to the floor). Hands behind the head. On exhalation, lift the upper part of the body (similar to the previous exercise). Take care that your legs do not fall. This exercise gives a parallel load on the gluteal and hip muscles. Perform 3 approaches 15-15-10 times.
Exercises for pumping the lower press
To train the lower section of the straight muscles of the press, you need to perform exercises with lifting the legs.
- Back torsion. Starting position: lying on the back, arms stretched along the trunk, palms facing down, legs raised perpendicular to the floor and bent at the knees. Raise the lower part of the body, pulling your knees to your chin. Blades and palms from the floor do not tear. Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions. This exercise can be complicated by performing in the vis on the horizontal bar.
- “Pop-up float”. Starting position: lying on the floor, legs raised and slightly bent, the back pressed into the floor, hands – too. Pressing the press, “push” the lower part of the case upward, lifting the pelvis. Try not to relax the muscles of the press. Do 3-4 approaches 15 times each.
- “Scissors”. Starting position: lying on the back, raise the straight legs by 30 °. Straining the muscles of the legs and the press, make short strong flies with your legs, “run” through the air. It is necessary to perform at least 3 sets of 35-50 repetitions.
- V-rises (exercise “penknife”). Starting position: lying down, arms extended over the head with palms up. On exhalation, simultaneously lift the body and legs, keeping balance on the buttocks. Ideally, the fingers should touch the toes of the feet. This exercise strains all departments of the press. Do 2-3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Do not forget about the warm-up and hitching: warming up the muscles before training and stretching exercises – after that they will make the muscles more elastic and avoid injuries.
On a note
Do not forget about proper nutrition: what do pumped cubes mean if they are hidden by a layer of fat? Rational nutrition is always useful, and especially when you need to bring yourself into an ideal shape.
In addition to controlling weight, aerobic loads are also important. Beautiful cubes are wonderful, but it will be better if they look harmoniously on the athlete’s pumped-up body, and not stand out among the flabby muscles.
Remember about several pitfalls of exercises on the press:
- the muscle fibers of the press very quickly adapt to the load, so you need to constantly increase the load without going over, however, the edge of overtraining. Once a month, you need to change the set of exercises;
- Without anaerobic exercises, it is unlikely to achieve “convex” cubes;
- when doing exercises on the upper press many beginners, and experienced athletes make the mistake of starting to use the lumbar muscle. This is fraught with serious injuries of the spine.
To avoid misses in training on the press, it is better to consult with the coach, which will show how to correctly perform this or that exercise. Also, the instructor will advise how to correctly form a complex of classes.