A lot of Internet resources and thematic publications convince the layman that training back muscles at home or on the nearest sports ground can not be sufficiently effective. However, there are actually many examples of achievement of significant results of trainings outside the hall, because no one has canceled the objective reasons: financial difficulties, unsuitable location of the fitness club, a rigid employment schedule – all this can completely deprive motivation. For example, consider how to pump up the back muscles at home.
- A strong back is always a healthy spine, and hence all the body systems.
- Training this very large muscle group will burn a significant amount of subcutaneous fat and increase the total amount of energy consumption of the body.
- The developed latissimus muscles of the back form the very classical V-shaped silhouette of the figure, which is considered a reference for both men and women.
Is it possible to exercise effectively at home?
The answer is unequivocal: of course, yes! Exercises for the back of the house repeatedly proved to be effective. Reat the article about pumping chest muscles at home.
Undoubtedly, to draw a parallel between even the most intensive home training and training in the hall will be incorrect, however, if we talk about the achievement of the effect and the visible result, then exercises for the back at home will accurately give it.
For what reason does the training outside the hall not yield the same tangible results? It’s all about the scales: the constant increase in the working weight, the load of which rests on the muscle group, is the key to progression and growth. In a domestic environment, it is almost impossible to ensure the availability of a variety of free weights suitable for use in training. But it is worth emphasizing once again that very large weights are necessary for those who train with the experience of regular training for 2 years or more, so to pump the back of the house at the start of the path to a beautiful and powerful back is more than real.
Basic principles of home training
- Classes should be held regularly 2 times a week. More often – it’s pointless: the muscle group will not have time to recover. Less often, too, is not worth it – you will not be able to feel the results.
- Exercises for training the muscles of the back should be performed in 3 sets – 12-15 reps each. Over time, when the ability to feel every involved and stressed part of the body comes, one must move on to the principle of work until “failure” – that is, to follow the approach until the last 1-2 repetitions through “I can not.”
- Warm-up and joint warm-up are integral elements of training. To proceed to power exercises, bypassing this stage, is traumatic and impractical.
- Complexes of exercises for the back should be alternated from training to training, in order to avoid the habituation of muscles to the nature and the plane of the impact of the load.
- Each training should start with 1-2 basic exercises (they involve 2 or more joints when they are performed) and end with 1-2 isolating exercises (the muscle on which the accent is made, “solo” works, 1 joint is involved).
Training program for home
Training number 1
Thrust dumbbell in the slope is one of the most effective basic exercises for building the widest muscles. Works through every half of the back, while the stronger half does not “help” the weak.
Legs slightly bend at the knees, the body with a lowered lower back down 90 degrees, pick up dumbbells. Pointing your elbows up, strictly along the plane of the body, raise the dumbbells to the peak connection of the blades, and then slowly return to the starting position, stretching the muscles.
Classic pull – ups are the basic exercise for all time.
Hang on the crossbar with a straight grip so that the palms are slightly wider than the shoulder joints. To reach the crossbar upwards, until the chin is equal to it, then fall down, completely straightening the elbow joints.
Important nuance: thumbs should not wrap around the crossbar, otherwise the load will be partially redistributed to the biceps.
Thrust dumbbell with one hand in the support – an excellent insulating exercise to “finish off” the muscles at the end of training.
- One foot supporting, the second – with the bent knee rests against a plane.
- The dumbbell is in that hand, from which a straight leg, the second hand – in the palm rest, the palm under the shoulder joint.
Technique of execution:
- Holding the back with the lumbar waist parallel to the floor, pull the dumbbell up strictly in the same plane with the trunk until the maximum muscle contraction.
- Return to the starting position.
Training number 2
Static traction is considered to be the best basic exercise for the development of the back, as well as the buttocks and biceps of the thigh. The option of deadlift with dumbbells is great for beginners and for girls. Before performing this exercise, a good preliminary warm-up and warming up of the muscles is mandatory.
- Standing, the back is bent in the lower back.
- The legs are shoulder width apart, slightly bent at the knees.
- Hands with dumbbells are lowered in front of you.
Technique of execution:
- Slowly tilt the housing until it is parallel to the floor. The dumbbells should be close enough to the body.
- Return to the starting position, fully straightened.
Tightening with a narrow grip is the base for deep working the bottom of the latitudinal. Performed in a manner similar to classical pulling, with the only difference that the palms are located on the crossbar are much closer to each other – the tips of the thumbs should touch.
Hyperextension at home will serve as an excellent insulating element for the end of training. This exercise can be done without a special simulator. To do this, a soft sofa or other dense surface will fit, on which it will be comfortable to arrange legs and a basin. The task: to enable the body to move up and down without hindrance, and fix the legs. From this position, with the palms wrapped on the back of the head, with the back bent back to the lower point, and then without a jerk, raise the flat back as much as possible.
Important nuances for those who want to achieve results quickly
- Do not neglect the stretch at the end of training – this will not only contribute to the development of muscles, but also minimizes discomfort after a load.
- Feeling that the usual load seems too easy, it should not be increased due to the number of repetitions in one approach, but due to the available increase in working weight.
- The quality of nutrition plays one of the primary roles in the process of building muscles. The diet should be saturated with protein (30% of total calories), complex carbohydrates (50%) and “correct” fats from red fish, nuts and vegetable oils (20%).
Now you know how to rock your back at home. Competent approach to training, unconditional regularity and very little patience – and you will not notice how the muscles of the back will become sturdy and pumped up.